The double pistol case is the newest addition to my lineup. It is my premier case, approximately 20 percent larger than my single pistol display case but I preserved the same gorgeous proportions.
Six years ago, I set out to design the world’s finest museum quality pistol display case. My goal in designing this beautifully handcrafted double pistol display case was for it to become a treasured keepsake. As a classically trained furniture maker, I use old world techniques to craft each pistol display case to order.
No detail is overlooked and each case includes:
- Your choice of hand selected timber
- Hardcarved legs
- Glass top
- Handcut cove molding
- High quality SOSS concealed hinges your choice of polished stainless or polished brass
- The finest full mortise box lock in your choice of polished stainless or polished brass
- Mortised escutcheon
- Finely upholstered interior in your choice of felt, velvet or suede
- Hand-rubbed finish
From $100,000 custom engraved 1911’s pistol to your grandfather’s sentimentally priceless revolvers, my goal in designing this handcrafted double pistol display case was for it to become a treasured keepsake. As a classically trained furniture maker, I use old world techniques to craft each pistol display case to order! Select “Contact me” from the menu or “My Store” to place an order!
I am very excited to share with you a sneak peak at my 75th Special Edition Pistol Display Case. I wanted to celebrate my 75th build with a very special timber. This piece of Riftsawn African Zebrawood was acquired from my supplier in anticipation of this special build. The timber was amazing to work and as you can has amazing tone and contrast. I used black felt with a new technique that rolls over the edges of the pistol insert to add visual interest and protect the edges of the timber and the firearm. Of course, I used the Elite full mortised hardware imported from Ireland. The interior was cut for twin full sized 1911s.
ABOUT THE MAKER
Robert Wolfkill is a professional furniture maker/designer handcrafting one of a kind pieces from his studio in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. His work is designed and handcrafted using select hardwoods, veneers and “old world” joinery techniques. From design to milling to finishing, each piece is meticulously crafted with his own skilled hands.
Robert has exhibited work in shows and galleries in Palm Beach and his work can be found in custom homes along coastal South Florida. For over five years, he has handcrafted his double pistol display case for gun collectors across the United States and abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions – Answered
- How will you customize a case for my guns? – I use a state of the art memory foam to “cast” the pistols. I will mail you a foam block with instructions. It’s easy, quick and accurate!
- How do I know if my guns will fit? – The interior display area of my double pistol case is 14.75″L x 10.75″W. Because your project is custom made, these dimensions can be altered.
- How much should I expect to pay for a custom display case? – My double pistol display case is $1300, an incredible value for an expertly crafted heirloom piece made to order with the finest materials available. Each case requires approximately 30 hours to handcraft.
- What is the wait time for my project? I just closed my February 2024 build sheet but contact me today to reserve your project for March 2024.
- What timber type do you recommend?– All of my timber types shown below are hand selected and outstanding quality. I normally suggest a timber tone to compliment your pistols. If you are confused, email me some photos and I will work with you to select the perfect timber for your project.
Double Pistol Display Case in Walnut and your choice of velvet
I WILL CONTACT YOU AFTER CHECKOUT TO SEND YOU A PIECE OF HIGH TECH MEMORY FOAM TO EASY CAST AN OUTLINE OF YOUR PISTOLS
The double pistol case is the newest addition to my lineup. It is my premier case, approximately 20 percent larger than my standard one pistol display case but I preserved the same gorgeous proportions. My goal in designing this beautifully handcrafted double pistol display case was for it to become a treasured keepsake. As a classically trained furniture maker, I use old world techniques to craft each pistol display case to order. Sixteen tenons are used to construct the carcass of the case. No detail is overlooked including hand carved legs, chamfered edges, mortised glass top, cove molding, fully mortised concealed high quality SOSS hinges and highly polished stainless locking mechanism imported from Ireland. Your walnut will be sanded to 220 grit and your case will receive several coats of shellac followed by hand rubbed oil and wax. (Pistols not included)
OVERALL DIMESIONS Double Pistol Display Case measurements are 17 1/4 “L x 13 1/4” W x 4 3/4” H. Interior display area 15” x 10 7/8”. These measurements may need to be altered to properly fit your pistol layout.
You may also like
Order now my checking the “My Store” tab in the Menu or Connect with me to place a custom order!